Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bats or not

We kept hearing sounds from the fireplace downstairs. I was convinced that we had bats living in the fireplace, and from the sound of it I was not going to be surprised if there were at least 100. So Brent, Blake and Shawn decided to wait until dark (because that is when bats come out to fly) they were going to see. Blake took a newspaper rolled up like a lantern lite it on fire and tossed it up the fireplace and closed the damper.
Shawn heading out the door to see if he could see any bats.

Brent and Shawn then would shoot anything that flew out of the chimney.
After Brent shot two so called bats, they soon find out that what was living in our fireplace was Starling birds.
Since then I think the birds decided that it was not a fun place to be, we have not heard the chirping again.
Yea! I was not that excited with the thought that we had bats living in our fireplace.




1 comment:

The Ellingson Zoo said...

That's funny! Well, at least they vacated.